- No matter what problems you are dealing with, we want to help you find a reason to keep living. By calling 1-800-273-TALK (8255) you’ll be connected to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7. http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- It’s not easy being a teenager in today’s world. From depression and eating disorders to bullying and cutting, teens grapple with a wide range of issues as they grow and develop. But here’s the good news: you can feel better and you’re not alone. Read on to learn more about the signs and symptoms of some common teen challenges, what you can do to help yourself, and how to reach out and talk about tough subjects with your friends and family members. http://helpguide.org/topics/teens.htm
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Easy-to-understand information about mental illnesses, mental health care, diagnosis, treatment and recovery. Bipolar Disorder, Depression, PTSD, Schizophrenia, Borderline Personality Disorder, Eating Disorders , OCDand other illnesses
- Kids Health – for kids, Teens and Parents http://kidshealth.org/
- Emotional Wellness Children need to realize that the world is a better place because they are in it. Understanding the importance of personal contribution can serve as a source of purpose and motivation. http://www.healthychildren.org/english/healthy-living/emotional-wellness/Pages/default.aspx
- WATCH THE NOT MY KID VIDEO ONLINE
The questions to ask about whether or not your child may be at risk for suicide can be complicated. This short video asks and answers a few of those questions but, more importantly, demonstrates how to ask those questions-and keep asking-until you get answers that help you understand whether or not your child is at risk….and what to do about it.
Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide http://www.sptsusa.org/
With MY3, you define your network and your plan to stay safe. With MY3 you can be prepared to help yourself and reach out to others when you are having thoughts of suicide. Remember: there is hope and a life to look forward to, even in your darkest moments. MY3 can help you get through your most difficult times. Who are your 3? Is it your sister? Your therapist? Maybe even a neighbor down the street? Download MY3 to make sure that your 3 are there to help you when you need them most. MY3 is available in the Apple App Store and Google Play, free of charge.
“MY3 could really help you if you’re feeling suicidal and need support to stay safe.”
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline