2015-2017 Legislative Committee Goals
- Provide advocacy training, support and materials to councils and council legislative teams and assist councils with site training at unit meetings as needed.
- Communicate PTA’s legislative priorities, positions and procedures and the importance of advocacy and civics via the best available distribution method (e.g., website, newsletters, email lists and social media, etc).
- Encourage units to promote individual PTA member participation in the LCAP review process within all Thirty-Second District School Districts.
- Advocate with legislators on our key PTA issues and priorities and encourage councils and units to do the same.
- Encourage, train and support councils and units to organize letter-writing and phone campaigns to the Governor and key legislators on urgent issues as needed
The mission of the Thirty Second (32nd) District PTA is to empower and support its councils and units as we promote the purposes and benefits of PTA, foster membership, develop leadership and lead advocacy efforts on behalf of all children and families